Lalu Prasad labels Nitish-Modi as `bosom friends`
Patna: With rivals Nitish Kumar and Narendra Modi all set to cross swords at Nawada at separate poll rallies on Friday, RJD president Lalu Prasad described the duo as "bosom friends" fighting in public to "befool" voters.
"Narendra Modi and Nitish Kumar, both are bosom friends. They are working together. They wink at each other while befooling the public. People have started understanding this and welcoming them with shoes and sandals," Prasad told reporters.
Continuing in the same vein, Prasad asked the people to desist from throwing shoes at the politicians whom they don`t like.
"Vote ki chot maro unpar Joota chhapal se abhinandan mat kijiye (strike at them with your votes and not hurl shoes at them)," Prasad said.
He was speaking at the launch of the `poll rath (chariot)` of RJD for election campaign across the state.
Reminding the way he had stopped the rath yatra of BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani in 1990, Prasad said, "Had I been in power and if Narendra Modi would have taken out a rath yatra, I would have stopped it too."
Taking a dig at his rival, he said Kumar had waved green flag to launch Advani`s `Jan Chetna Yatra` from Sitab Diara, the birthplace of Jay Prakash Narayan on October 11, 2011.
Former BJP MLA from Forbesganj, Lakshmi Narayan Mehta joined RJD in the presence of Prasad.
The RJD president said his party`s election manifesto will give priority to the issues of primary teachers, `anganwadi sevikas`, health workers, homeguards and all others who were beaten up for raising their demands.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference