Law and order deteriorated in Tamil Nadu: MK Stalin
Madurai: DMK leader MK Stalin on Sunday alleged that the law and order situation in Tamil Nadu had deteriorated after Jayalalithaa took over as Chief Minister and 10 incidents of bomb planting had been reported in and around Madurai.
Police was trying to put the blame on the minorities in such incidents though it had been established they have no role in it, he said addressing election campaign meetings in support of his party candidates Velusamy (Madurai) and Pon Muthuramalingam (Theni) here.
He charged that government was trying to create rift between communities and also bring disrepute to one community by such incidents.
Five kids had been stolen from the Government Rajaji hospital and gold worth Rs 12.50 crore had been robbed in various incidents, he alleged.
Jayalalithaa, who strongly criticised the previous DMK government for not maintaining the law and order was now remaining silent though the law and order had worsened than what it was earlier.
He said the Chief Minister did not keep any of her promises including uninterrupted power supply, control of price rise distribution of 20 litres of water freely.
Even according to government records it was DMK which built 7798MW of power stations and brought 51 industrial units to the state which provided employment to 2.35 lakh persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today