Law will take its own course against Prabhunath: Election Commission
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday "law will take its own course" in cases against RJD candidate from Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency Prabhunath Singh.
"The non-bailable warrants are already there against him. The district administration is free to take action. The law will take its own course in the matter. We have nothing to do in it," Bihar Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ajay V Nayak said.
Besides, a few criminal cases, two non-bailable warrants have been issued against Singh in election related cases since April 17 for allegedly threatening the DM as well as violating the Model Code of Conduct.
Singh was said to have gone missing apprehending arrest after the issuance of the warrants.
He, incidentally, complained to the EC about Saran DM Kundan Kumar for being vindictive against him. He even approached the EC in New Delhi over the issue yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport