Law will take its own course against Prabhunath: Election Commission
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday "law will take its own course" in cases against RJD candidate from Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency Prabhunath Singh.
"The non-bailable warrants are already there against him. The district administration is free to take action. The law will take its own course in the matter. We have nothing to do in it," Bihar Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ajay V Nayak said.
Besides, a few criminal cases, two non-bailable warrants have been issued against Singh in election related cases since April 17 for allegedly threatening the DM as well as violating the Model Code of Conduct.
Singh was said to have gone missing apprehending arrest after the issuance of the warrants.
He, incidentally, complained to the EC about Saran DM Kundan Kumar for being vindictive against him. He even approached the EC in New Delhi over the issue yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing