Law will take its own course against Prabhunath: Election Commission
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday "law will take its own course" in cases against RJD candidate from Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency Prabhunath Singh.
"The non-bailable warrants are already there against him. The district administration is free to take action. The law will take its own course in the matter. We have nothing to do in it," Bihar Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ajay V Nayak said.
Besides, a few criminal cases, two non-bailable warrants have been issued against Singh in election related cases since April 17 for allegedly threatening the DM as well as violating the Model Code of Conduct.
Singh was said to have gone missing apprehending arrest after the issuance of the warrants.
He, incidentally, complained to the EC about Saran DM Kundan Kumar for being vindictive against him. He even approached the EC in New Delhi over the issue yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you