Law will take its own course against Prabhunath: Election Commission
Patna: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday "law will take its own course" in cases against RJD candidate from Maharajganj Lok Sabha constituency Prabhunath Singh.
"The non-bailable warrants are already there against him. The district administration is free to take action. The law will take its own course in the matter. We have nothing to do in it," Bihar Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ajay V Nayak said.
Besides, a few criminal cases, two non-bailable warrants have been issued against Singh in election related cases since April 17 for allegedly threatening the DM as well as violating the Model Code of Conduct.
Singh was said to have gone missing apprehending arrest after the issuance of the warrants.
He, incidentally, complained to the EC about Saran DM Kundan Kumar for being vindictive against him. He even approached the EC in New Delhi over the issue yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief