Left Front links Modi`s comments to Assam ethnic riots
Kolkata: Linking Narendra Modi`s comments to the ethnic riots in Assam, West Bengal`s Left Front chairman Biman Bose Sunday alleged the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was making such comments repeatedly to stoke more such conflicts.
"Modi addressed a rally in Silchar (in Assam) recently, and after that, a part of Assam is burning with ethnic riots and killings," Bose said at a media meet here.
"And he is making such comments off and on. This will only lead to more ethnic trouble," said the state secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, which leads the Left Front.
On Modi`s comments seeking to make a distinction between infiltrators and refugees from Bangladesh, Bose wondered why the BJP had not taken up a comprehensive plan on the issue when it led the National Democratic Alliance government in the country.
At least 31 people have died in attacks by Bodo militants in Assam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan