Left Front links Modi`s comments to Assam ethnic riots
Kolkata: Linking Narendra Modi`s comments to the ethnic riots in Assam, West Bengal`s Left Front chairman Biman Bose Sunday alleged the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was making such comments repeatedly to stoke more such conflicts.
"Modi addressed a rally in Silchar (in Assam) recently, and after that, a part of Assam is burning with ethnic riots and killings," Bose said at a media meet here.
"And he is making such comments off and on. This will only lead to more ethnic trouble," said the state secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, which leads the Left Front.
On Modi`s comments seeking to make a distinction between infiltrators and refugees from Bangladesh, Bose wondered why the BJP had not taken up a comprehensive plan on the issue when it led the National Democratic Alliance government in the country.
At least 31 people have died in attacks by Bodo militants in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video