Left Front links Modi`s comments to Assam ethnic riots
Kolkata: Linking Narendra Modi`s comments to the ethnic riots in Assam, West Bengal`s Left Front chairman Biman Bose Sunday alleged the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was making such comments repeatedly to stoke more such conflicts.
"Modi addressed a rally in Silchar (in Assam) recently, and after that, a part of Assam is burning with ethnic riots and killings," Bose said at a media meet here.
"And he is making such comments off and on. This will only lead to more ethnic trouble," said the state secretary of the Communist Party of India-Marxist, which leads the Left Front.
On Modi`s comments seeking to make a distinction between infiltrators and refugees from Bangladesh, Bose wondered why the BJP had not taken up a comprehensive plan on the issue when it led the National Democratic Alliance government in the country.
At least 31 people have died in attacks by Bodo militants in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani