Live webcasting at 40 Uttar Pradesh polling stations
Lucknow: Live webcasting will take place at 40 sensitive polling stations across Uttar Pradesh, a senior official said on Saturday.
A technical team under an assistant returning officer in all the districts will have district information technology officers from the National Informatics Center and an official of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha told IANS that 40 critical polling stations have been selected for live webcasting, of which 20 would be urban and 20 rural polling stations.
Webcasters will be provided training a week ahead of the voting and guidelines will be issued by the state headquarters of the Election Commission.
Web connectivity in 40 polling booths, would be in place three days ahead of the polls, Sinha said, adding that a test run will be done.
Apart from the live webcasting in the polling stations, recording of the election proceedings will also be done.
"A DVD of this recording will be made and kept for record and used in case of any complaints regarding the polling," Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources
- Shooting World Cup: Gagan Narang, Abhinav Bindra Disappoint in Finals
- Hailstorms, rain, tornado kill 51 persons in eastern China, dozens injured
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July'15'
- Anurag Kashyap, Nawazuddin turn RJs to promote film