Live webcasting at 40 Uttar Pradesh polling stations
Lucknow: Live webcasting will take place at 40 sensitive polling stations across Uttar Pradesh, a senior official said on Saturday.
A technical team under an assistant returning officer in all the districts will have district information technology officers from the National Informatics Center and an official of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha told IANS that 40 critical polling stations have been selected for live webcasting, of which 20 would be urban and 20 rural polling stations.
Webcasters will be provided training a week ahead of the voting and guidelines will be issued by the state headquarters of the Election Commission.
Web connectivity in 40 polling booths, would be in place three days ahead of the polls, Sinha said, adding that a test run will be done.
Apart from the live webcasting in the polling stations, recording of the election proceedings will also be done.
"A DVD of this recording will be made and kept for record and used in case of any complaints regarding the polling," Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list