Live webcasting at 40 Uttar Pradesh polling stations
Lucknow: Live webcasting will take place at 40 sensitive polling stations across Uttar Pradesh, a senior official said on Saturday.
A technical team under an assistant returning officer in all the districts will have district information technology officers from the National Informatics Center and an official of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha told IANS that 40 critical polling stations have been selected for live webcasting, of which 20 would be urban and 20 rural polling stations.
Webcasters will be provided training a week ahead of the voting and guidelines will be issued by the state headquarters of the Election Commission.
Web connectivity in 40 polling booths, would be in place three days ahead of the polls, Sinha said, adding that a test run will be done.
Apart from the live webcasting in the polling stations, recording of the election proceedings will also be done.
"A DVD of this recording will be made and kept for record and used in case of any complaints regarding the polling," Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?