Live webcasting at 40 Uttar Pradesh polling stations
Lucknow: Live webcasting will take place at 40 sensitive polling stations across Uttar Pradesh, a senior official said on Saturday.
A technical team under an assistant returning officer in all the districts will have district information technology officers from the National Informatics Center and an official of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha told IANS that 40 critical polling stations have been selected for live webcasting, of which 20 would be urban and 20 rural polling stations.
Webcasters will be provided training a week ahead of the voting and guidelines will be issued by the state headquarters of the Election Commission.
Web connectivity in 40 polling booths, would be in place three days ahead of the polls, Sinha said, adding that a test run will be done.
Apart from the live webcasting in the polling stations, recording of the election proceedings will also be done.
"A DVD of this recording will be made and kept for record and used in case of any complaints regarding the polling," Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`