LJP demands Bihar CM Nitish Kumar`s resignation
Patna: After BJP, its ally LJP on Saturday demanded resignation of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in the wake of his party JD-U`s Lok Sabha election rout in the state.
"Nitish Kumar should resign soon on moral grounds after the major debacle of his party in the polls," LJP parliamentary board chairman Chirag Paswan told media persons here.
Actor-turned-politician Chirag is son of LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan.
"It is clear Nitish Kumar has lost the confidence of the people," Chirag, who won from Jamui, said.
Later, addressing a press conference here, Ram Vilas Paswan reiterated that the Nitish Kumar government would fall within two to three months and mid-term assembly polls would be held in October-November this year.
"Nitish Kumar government will not last long," he said.
Ram Vilas Paswan said that thanks to the Modi wave, people of Bihar got rid of two leaders -- Nitish Kumar and RJD chief Lalu Prasad.
He said LJP is not worried about cabinet berths in BJP-led NDA government of Narendra Modi.
The BJP won 22 seats, LJP six and another ally RLSP three of the 40 parliamentary seats from Bihar.
The ruling JD-U won two seats, RJD four, Congress two and NCP one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?