Lok Sabha elections: Narendra Modi-led BJP expected to get 218 seats, Congress 94-106
New Delhi: The BJP could cross the 200 mark and get up to 218 seats in the Lok Sabha while the party-led NDA could win between 234 to 246 seats, putting it within striking distance of forming a government if polls are held today, according to an opinion poll released on Friday.
The poll survey projected that Congress was poised to get 94 to 106 seats and the party-led UPA could get 111 to 123 seats.
"The tracker projects NDA (National Democratic Alliance) may secure between 234 and 246 seats if Lok Sabha polls are held today," a release said.
"The tracker projects UPA (United Progressive Alliance) may secure between 111 and 123 seats if LS polls are held today. The March tracker projects BJP on its own may get between 206 and 218 LS seats while Congress on its own is projected to get between 94 and 106 seats," the release said.
If BJP crosses the 200 mark, it will be a first for the party. The poll has also projected Congress reaching its lowest Lok Sabha tally.
The poll said Mamata Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress may secure between 23 and 29 seats while the J Jayalalithaa-led AIADMK may get between 15 and 21 seats.
It said the Left Front was projected to get between 14 and 20 seats and Telugu Desam Party between 13 and 19 seats.
The poll said that the Samajwadi Party may get between 11 and 17 seats, DMK and its allies could get 10 to 16 seats, Mayawati`s Bahujan Samaj Party 10 to 16 seats and the YSR Congress could get between 9 and 15 seats
"The BJP is projected to secure 35 percent vote share across India. Congress may secure 25 percent vote share across India. The tracker projects NDA has taken a 10 percent lead over UPA across India," it said.
The tracker projected that the Aam Aadmi Party may secure three percent vote share across India.
"March tracker shows a 10 percent rise for BJP in rural India since January tracker," the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!