Lok Sabha polls 2014: Modi`s namesake pulls out of contest in Vadodara
Vadodara: An independent candidate called Narendra Babulal Modi on Saturday withdrew his nomination from the Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency, leaving eight candidates in the fray including the Gujarat Chief Minister.
His reason for withdrawing could not be ascertained. Today was the last day of withdrawal.
BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress`s Madhusudhan Mistry are the main contestants here.
Vinod Rao, district returning officer, said that of the 17 nomination forms received, eight were rejected.
Yesterday, Rao had sought clarification from Sunil Kulkarni of AAP and Narendra Babulal Modi after BJP alleged that both had suppressed some mandatory information in their forms.
Today, Rao rejected the objections after the two candidates provided necessary information but Narendra Modi`s namesake eventually pulled out.
The other candidates in the fray are: Madhusudhan Rohit (BSP), Jadav Ambalalal K (JDU), Pathan Sahebkhan (SP), Pathan Mehmudkhan (Apnadesh) and Tapan Dasgupta (SUCI). The polling is scheduled for April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!