Lok Sabha polls 2014: Modi`s namesake pulls out of contest in Vadodara
Vadodara: An independent candidate called Narendra Babulal Modi on Saturday withdrew his nomination from the Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency, leaving eight candidates in the fray including the Gujarat Chief Minister.
His reason for withdrawing could not be ascertained. Today was the last day of withdrawal.
BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Congress`s Madhusudhan Mistry are the main contestants here.
Vinod Rao, district returning officer, said that of the 17 nomination forms received, eight were rejected.
Yesterday, Rao had sought clarification from Sunil Kulkarni of AAP and Narendra Babulal Modi after BJP alleged that both had suppressed some mandatory information in their forms.
Today, Rao rejected the objections after the two candidates provided necessary information but Narendra Modi`s namesake eventually pulled out.
The other candidates in the fray are: Madhusudhan Rohit (BSP), Jadav Ambalalal K (JDU), Pathan Sahebkhan (SP), Pathan Mehmudkhan (Apnadesh) and Tapan Dasgupta (SUCI). The polling is scheduled for April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'