Lok Sabha polls 2014: Rajnath Singh meets RSS leaders to discuss poll strategy
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the visit of Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi, party president Rajnath Singh met RSS leaders on Sunday.
The meeting reportedly took place to discuss the party`s strategy after the final phase of the Lok Sabha polls come to an end.
Singh`s meeting with the RSS leaders including Bhaiyaji Joshi and Suresh Soni comes a day after Modi met his ailing mentor Atal Bihari Vajpayee and took his blessings.
"RSS workers have worked hard at the ground level to make BJP candidates win in the elections and Rajnathji has come to express his gratitude for this to Sangh," a source close to the BJP President told PTI.
Asked whether any post-poll strategy was discussed in the meeting, sources reportedly said, "Sangh does not discuss strategy."
Modi took to Twitter after the end of poll campaign in Uttar Pradesh and tweeted, “After addressing final campaign rally came to seek Atal ji`s blessings. Had met him when campaign started. Its always special to meet him.”
The Gujarat Chief Minister then held a meeting with Bhagwat for over two hours and discussed future course of action.
He also asked people to help create a strong, developed and inclusive India that will once again show the way to the world in his blog.
Modi, who was campaigning in Uttar Pradesh, landed in Delhi after electioneering in the nine-phased polls drew to a close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city