Lok Sabha polls 2014: Ramdev claims BJP supports anti-corruption movement
Ghaziabad: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday said that Bharatiya Janata Party candidate General (Retd) VK Singh from the Ghaziabad constituency supports anti corruption movement as the latter extends support in writing to the national campaign against black money and corruption.
Addressing a news conference in Ghaziabad, Ramdev spoke of the support that his campaign has garnered from all senior BJP leaders.
"When we campaigned to garner support against black money, corruption and change in governance, all starting from the party president Rajnath Singh and Advani, Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and Gadkari have supported the objectives of the campaign," said Ramdev.
"VK Singh has also given a written consent letter to testify his support to the campaign. And he would not fight for himself in the parliament but for Ghaziabad and the nation," added Ramdev.
Ramdev also took a dig at the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal citing the ambiguity of his ideologies and policies on pressing national issues.
"He has never spoken on his policies on the national issues. Unfortunately blaming everybody and claiming himself clean cannot be the strategy to govern a nation. Governance and politics is all about policies and ideologies. He has never told the nation about his ideologies, his stand and his policies. So what is his right to ask for votes?" he said.
Baba Ramdev, has been spearheading a national campaign against black money and corruption. Ramdev has been touring all over the country to garner votes for the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state