Lok Sabha polls: Congress did remarkably well, says Rahul Gandhi
Godda: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said that the UPA government did remarkably well during its decade-long governance at the Centre, while the BJP talked divisive politics.
Stating that the "Gujarat model" would not be applicable in the entire country, Gandhi told an election meeting here, "The UPA government has performed remarkably well... And don`t get misguided by tall promises, and vote for the Congress candidates."
The Congress spoke about the poor and the common people, he said. "The Congress has always worked for unity and development of the country."
Gandhi`s second meeting was cancelled after his helicopter developed a technical snag at the Ranchi airport.
"The double-engine helicopter developed a technical snag and could not take off while the SPG did not allow use of the standby single engine one," PCC spokesman Sailesh Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing