Lok Sabha polls: Congress did remarkably well, says Rahul Gandhi
Godda: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said that the UPA government did remarkably well during its decade-long governance at the Centre, while the BJP talked divisive politics.
Stating that the "Gujarat model" would not be applicable in the entire country, Gandhi told an election meeting here, "The UPA government has performed remarkably well... And don`t get misguided by tall promises, and vote for the Congress candidates."
The Congress spoke about the poor and the common people, he said. "The Congress has always worked for unity and development of the country."
Gandhi`s second meeting was cancelled after his helicopter developed a technical snag at the Ranchi airport.
"The double-engine helicopter developed a technical snag and could not take off while the SPG did not allow use of the standby single engine one," PCC spokesman Sailesh Sinha said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!