Lok Sabha polls: Congress did remarkably well, says Rahul Gandhi
Godda: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said that the UPA government did remarkably well during its decade-long governance at the Centre, while the BJP talked divisive politics.
Stating that the "Gujarat model" would not be applicable in the entire country, Gandhi told an election meeting here, "The UPA government has performed remarkably well... And don`t get misguided by tall promises, and vote for the Congress candidates."
The Congress spoke about the poor and the common people, he said. "The Congress has always worked for unity and development of the country."
Gandhi`s second meeting was cancelled after his helicopter developed a technical snag at the Ranchi airport.
"The double-engine helicopter developed a technical snag and could not take off while the SPG did not allow use of the standby single engine one," PCC spokesman Sailesh Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss