Lok Sabha polls: JD(U) releases list of 14 candidates for four states
New Delhi: Janata Dal (United) on Saturday released its list of 14 Lok Sabha candidates for Karanataka, Kerala, West Bengal and Maharashtra and extended support to Socialist Party candidate from East Delhi Prem Singh.
Singh, who had contested the last Lok Sabha elections as well, is an author of several books on contemporary politics and is a professor of Hindi department in Delhi University.
Addressing a press conference with JD (U) General Secretary Arun Srivastava, Singh also flashed a letter of support written in his favour by Rajindar Sachar, former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, who had headed the Prime Minister`s High Level Committee on the status of Muslims.
The party released candidates for eight seats in Karnataka, three in Maharashtra, and one each in Manipur, West Bengal and Kerala.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'