Lok Sabha polls: SAD-BJP leads on 6, AAP 4, Cong 3 in Punjab
Chandigarh: The SAD-BJP combine is leading on six seats out of 13 in Punjab while new entrant Aam Aadmi Party is set to create history as it is ahead on four seats as against three by Congress which includes Amritsar where BJP stalwart Arun Jaitley is all set to lose.
Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP, fighting its maiden Lok Sabha election, is leading on four seats - Sangrur, Faridkot (r), Fatehgarh Sahib (r) and Patiala, election office said.
Shiromani Akali Dal is leading from four seats of Anandpur Sahab, Bhatinda, Ferozepur and Khadoor Sahab while its ally BJP is leading from Gurdaspur and Hoshiarpur.
Congress is leading from remaining three seats -- Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Amritsar.
In his maiden Lok Sabha election, Jaitley is down by over 60,000 votes from Amarinder Singh of Congress from Amritsar.
Comedian-turned-politician Bhagwant Mann of AAP has taken an unassailable lead of over 1.5 lakh votes against SAD`s Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa from Sangrur Lok Sabha seat. Sitting MP Vijay Inder Singla of Congress was trailing at third place.
Besides, AAP`s Prof Sadhu Singh too is leading by a comfortable margin of over 74,886 votes against SAD`s Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan from Faridkot (r). AAP`s Harinder Singh Khalsa and Dharamvira Gandhi are leading from Fatehgarh Sahib (r) and Patiala seats respectively.
Khalsa is leading by 32,695 votes over Congress rival and sitting MLA Sadhu Singh while Gandhi is ahead of SAD`s Deepinder Singh Dhillon by 1,636 votes from Patiala where Union Minister Preneet Kaur is on third place.
Meanwhile, actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna of BJP is maintaining an unassailable lead over Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa from Gurdaspur seat. He is leading by a margin of 60,201 votes as per trends till noon.
From Hoshiarpur (r) seat, BJP`s Vijay Sampla is ahead of Congress Mohinder Singh Kaypee by 11,273 votes.
Congress veteran Ambika Soni is trailing behind SAD`s Prem Singh Chandumajra from Anandpur Sahib while Sher Singh Ghubaya has taken an unassailable lead of over 35,000 votes against Congress leader Sunil Kumar Jakhar from Ferozepur.
Chandumajra is leading by a margin of 19,249 votes against Soni.
At Bathinda seat, SAD`s Harsimrat Kaur Badal is ahead of her cousin and Congress leader Manpreet Singh Badal, an estranged nephew of chief minister Parkash Singh Badal by a margin of 10,921 votes.
Veteran Akali leader Ranjeet Singh Brahmpura is also comfortably place against Congress Harminder Singh Gill from Khadoor Sahib. He is leading by 42,537 votes against Gill.
Congress is comfortably placed in Jalandhar (r) seat where Santokh Singh Choudhary is leading by 57,633 votes against SAD`s Pawan Kumar Teenu while late Chief Minister Beant Singh`s grandson Ravneet Singh Bittu is leading by around 2,000 votes against AAP`s Harvinder Singh Phoolka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport