Lok sabha polls: Sharad Yadav vents ire at media for favouring rivals
Madhepura: Facing a tough electoral battle in Madhepura, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Saturday criticised the media for allegedly giving more space to a rival party.
Talking to reporters at his residence, Yadav said he would raise his voice in the Lok Sabha to end the contract system in print and electronic media for journalists who would become regular employees so that "they do not dance to dictates of bosses many of whom are non-journalists".
Yadav`s anger was apparently directed at full page advertisements in newspapers in favour of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"Only journalists shall become editors and have a say in news content in print and electronic media so that they can do justice and not get lured by advertisements," he said.
The JD(U) President said he would also make a strong case in Parliament for establishment of a central university of journalism and training colleges for journalists.
"Only journalists acquiring certificates from these colleges and university shall be recruited by print and electronic media so that they can do justice with news coverage," he said.
Yadav seeking a fifth term from the Madhepura Lok Sabha seat is facing tough fight from RJD Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav and BJP`s Vijay Singh.
The seat will go to the polls on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands