Lok sabha polls: Sharad Yadav vents ire at media for favouring rivals
Madhepura: Facing a tough electoral battle in Madhepura, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Saturday criticised the media for allegedly giving more space to a rival party.
Talking to reporters at his residence, Yadav said he would raise his voice in the Lok Sabha to end the contract system in print and electronic media for journalists who would become regular employees so that "they do not dance to dictates of bosses many of whom are non-journalists".
Yadav`s anger was apparently directed at full page advertisements in newspapers in favour of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"Only journalists shall become editors and have a say in news content in print and electronic media so that they can do justice and not get lured by advertisements," he said.
The JD(U) President said he would also make a strong case in Parliament for establishment of a central university of journalism and training colleges for journalists.
"Only journalists acquiring certificates from these colleges and university shall be recruited by print and electronic media so that they can do justice with news coverage," he said.
Yadav seeking a fifth term from the Madhepura Lok Sabha seat is facing tough fight from RJD Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav and BJP`s Vijay Singh.
The seat will go to the polls on April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!