Lok Sabha polls: Varun Gandhi to file nomination from Sultanpur on April 15
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Varun Gandhi is likely to file his nomination papers from Sultanpur district in Uttar Pradesh on April 15 for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
A sitting MP from Pilibhit district, his mother and BJP leader Maneka Gandhi will now be contesting elections from the seat.
The 34-year-old BJP candidate was in the midst of controversy recently after he praised his cousin and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for his work in Amethi.
Soon after the remark was made, his mother Maneka Gandhi said that whatever he had said was wrong and there was no development work in Amethi.
Varun Gandhi then backtracked and said that his statement should not be considered as an endorsement of any political party or candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'