Lok Sabha polls: Varun Gandhi to file nomination from Sultanpur on April 15
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Varun Gandhi is likely to file his nomination papers from Sultanpur district in Uttar Pradesh on April 15 for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
A sitting MP from Pilibhit district, his mother and BJP leader Maneka Gandhi will now be contesting elections from the seat.
The 34-year-old BJP candidate was in the midst of controversy recently after he praised his cousin and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi for his work in Amethi.
Soon after the remark was made, his mother Maneka Gandhi said that whatever he had said was wrong and there was no development work in Amethi.
Varun Gandhi then backtracked and said that his statement should not be considered as an endorsement of any political party or candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog