LS poll: Over 950 polling stations earmarked as critical in Maharashtra
Mumbai: About 951 polling stations spread across 19 constituencies in Maharashtra have been identified as critical where balloting will take place tomorrow in the final phase of elections during which 3.17 crore voters are expected to seal the fate of 338 candidates.
The highest number of 130 critical polling stations are in Bhiwandi, followed by 111 in Palghar, 91 in Thane, 86 in Kalyan, 84 in Mumbai North west, 65 in Mumbai South Central Mumbai North east 54, Mumbai North central 47, Aurangabad and Raver 40 each, Mumbai North 25, Mumbai South 30, Dindori 24, Jalgaon 33, Nashik 43, Raigad 19. In Nandurbar there are nine critical polling stations. while in Jalna there are 20.
Similarly, 125 polling stations in Raigad alone have been earmarked as sensitive. There will be 88 polling stations where the process of voting will be webcast.
In Nashik, there are 20, Dindori 15, Aurangabad eight, Raver and Jalna five each, Nandurbar one, Mumbai South 10 and Mumbai South central five and Raigad 19.
About 851 micro observers will be on duty in all the critical and sensitive polling booths out of the total 34,343 in 19 LS seats.
There will be 119 observers in Thane alone. As many as 620 video cameras will be used in the polling process. Union IT and Communication minister Milind Deora (Mumbai South), PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal (Nashik), Water Resources Minister Sunil Tatkare (Raigad) are among the prominent candidates seeking mandate from the voters tomorrow.
Officials said flying squads were maintaining strict vigil to foil any attempts to appease the voters through money and liquor.
Voting will take place in Mumbai, Thane, Raigad, North Maharashtra and Aurangabad, Jalna in Marathwada from 7 am to 6 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31