LS polls: 57,000 security personnel for April 24 voting on 7 Bihar seats
Patna: A total of 57,000 security personnel including central forces would be deployed for smooth conduct of voting on seven Lok Sabha seats in Bihar on April 24, Chief Secretary AK Sinha said on Monday.
A total of 221 companies of security forces including 147 central forces like CRPF, ITBP, BSF, CISF and RPF would be on duty for trouble-free polling on seven Lok Sabha seats in eight districts of Bihar, Sinha told reporters.
Two helicopters would be kept ready along with one Air Ambulance on the day, Sinha flanked by Principal Secretary (Home) Amir Subhani and Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Ravindra Kumar, said.
Supual, Araria, Kisanganj, Katihar, Purnia, Bhagalpur and Banka would see voting on the day.
BJP`s Shahnawaz Hussain from Bhagalpur, NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar from Katihar and former Union minister and RJD leader Mohammad Taslimuddin are in the fray from different seats.
Over 1.04 crore electors would cast vote at 9,840 polling stations across the seven constituencies.
Banka and Katoria Assembly segments under Banka Lok Sabha constituency would see truncated voting time till 4 pm while rest of the segments would have polling from 7 am to 6 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015