LS polls: Milind Deora, Kirit Somaiya file nominations
Mumbai: Union Minister of State for Shipping and Telcom Milind Deora and senior BJP leader Kirit Somaiya on Friday filed their nomination papers for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Deora is seeking a third term from Mumbai South parliamentary constituency while Somaiya, who earlier represented the Mumbai North East seat, is the BJP candidate in fray and will try to wrest the seat back from NCP.
Bala Nandgaonkar of MNS, who finished second in the 2009 polls against Deora, also filed his papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen Army camp: Security official
- China's Xi Jinping reshuffles key party posts ahead of congress
- FIR filed against Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawalla over 'monkery' tweet on Jain religious leader
- Breast cancer breakthrough? 16-year-old Indian-origin boy claims cure for disease
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi