LS polls: Seventeen held, 1,088 liqour bottles seized in Chennai
Chennai: In a crackdown on illegal flow of liqour, sales of which has been banned for three days till the Lok Sabha polls on Thursday in Tamil Nadu, police arrested 17 persons and seized more than 1,000 bottles of liqour from them at different localities in the city.
The seizures were made yesterday during intensified vehicle checks, patrolling and inspection of lodges in several localities including Saidapet and Egmore, police said.
A total of 1,088 liqour bottles were seized from those arrested, they said.
All liquor outlets run by State owned Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation (TASMAC) and bars attached to them have been ordered to be closed beginning yesterday for three days in view of the single phase polls for 39 Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman