LS polls: Uttarakhand CM`s wife enters fray from Haridwar
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat`s wife Renuka Rawat, sitting Congress MP from Nainital KC Singh Baba and Samajwadi Party`s Avtar Singh were among 13 candidates who entered the fray today for five Lok Sabha seats in Uttarakhand going to polls on May 7.
Renuka filed her nomination for Haridwar seat where she is pitted against former chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank of the BJP and AAP`s Kanchan Chaudhry Bhattacharya, a former DGP.
K C Singh Baba, who has been fielded once again by the Congress from Nainital, submitted his documents to the Returning Officer at Rudrapur in Udhamsingh Nagar district.
Samajwadi Party nominee from Nainital Avtar Singh also filed his papers today.
Baba will take on among others former chief minister and BJP leader Bhagat Singh Koshiyari.
Uttarakhand`s five Lok Sabha seats will go to polls in the eighth phase on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress