M J Akbar urges minorities to join development bandwagon under NDA
Patna: Observing that BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has stressed on job creation, economic growth and governance in campaigning for general elections, party national spokesman M J Akbar today urged the minorities to join the new development phase to be ushered in by the NDA if it came to power.
"Issues like jobs, economic growth and governance have been the core issues in Modi`s agenda before and after the announcement of general elections... He has consistently harped on development for benefit of all sections of society," Akbar, a noted journalist, told reporters.
Akbar appealed to the minorities to get out of their mindset of fear and apprehension and join the development bandwagon, saying the Muslims, particularly its youths, too will benefit.
Akbar, who recently joined the BJP, asked the minorities to trust the Gujarat Chief Minister who advised both Hindus and Muslims to fight together poverty and hunger, and not among themselves.
He was referring to `Hunkar Rally` in Patna on October 27 last in which Modi had called upon the Hindus and Muslims to not fight among themselves, but join forces to unitedly fight hunger and poverty.
"The Muslims should appreciate Modi for his stand to bring the two communities together on development agendas and consider joining development bandwagon for their own good and that of the country as they too have a right to get jobs, education and prosperity," Akbar, an ex-MP from Kishanganj, said.
He said that the UPA government generated only 1.75 to 2 crore jobs during its 10 years` rule that can be described as a decade of jobless economy even as the economic growth too plummetted to under five per cent against 8.5 per cent a decade earlier.
Claiming that thousands of people had turned admirers of Modi and his model of development, he pitched for extension of the Gujarat Model to other parts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH