Madhya Pradesh polls: 3 Morena candidates told to stay in police control room
Morena: Three prominent candidates in the fray from Morena Lok Sabha seat in Madhya Pradesh, where voting is underway for the second phase on Thursday, were asked to stay in police control room here to ensure "free and fair polling".
Anoop Mishra (BJP) Govind Singh (Congress) and Vrindawan Singh Sikarwar (BSP) are asked to not leave the Control Room till voting is over in the evening as their presence in certain areas may lead to law and order problem, police said.
Police, however, clarified that they have not been detained.
When contacted, Sikarwar said he felt like being "under house arrest as my movements are restricted".
However, Mishra and Singh said they were "happy to cooperate with the administration in its efforts to ensure transparent polling".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fire kills 38 in Madagascar, including 16 children: Police
- WATCH: ADORABLE! MS Dhoni shares cutest videos with daughter Ziva on Instagram
- No need to hold talks with separatists: BJP
- Panama papers: SC seeks Centre, RBI's response in four weeks
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!