Mahato apologises before EC for abusing Md Salim
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA from Salboni in West Midnapore district Srikanta Mahato today apologised before the Election Commission for his alleged objectionable comment about CPI-M leader Md Salim at an election rally at Salboni recently, an EC official said here.
The EC had earlier taken suo motu cognisance against Mahato and asked the West Midnapore DM to take action and submit a report. The poll panel had issued Mahato a show cause notice on Friday.
In his reply, Mahato apologised before the EC, the official said.
Now the matter is under consideration of the EC, Assistant CEO Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said.
The EC issued show cause notice to Mahato for abusing Salim at the rally.
To a question, Bhattacharya said they were sending a detailed report to the EC about the 43 polling stations across nine Lok Sabha constituencies which went to polls in the third phase on April 30.
The EC had sought a detailed report from the CEO on these booths after EC`s special observer Sudhir Kumar Rakesh ruled out any foul play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip