Mahato apologises before EC for abusing Md Salim
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA from Salboni in West Midnapore district Srikanta Mahato today apologised before the Election Commission for his alleged objectionable comment about CPI-M leader Md Salim at an election rally at Salboni recently, an EC official said here.
The EC had earlier taken suo motu cognisance against Mahato and asked the West Midnapore DM to take action and submit a report. The poll panel had issued Mahato a show cause notice on Friday.
In his reply, Mahato apologised before the EC, the official said.
Now the matter is under consideration of the EC, Assistant CEO Amitjyoti Bhattacharya said.
The EC issued show cause notice to Mahato for abusing Salim at the rally.
To a question, Bhattacharya said they were sending a detailed report to the EC about the 43 polling stations across nine Lok Sabha constituencies which went to polls in the third phase on April 30.
The EC had sought a detailed report from the CEO on these booths after EC`s special observer Sudhir Kumar Rakesh ruled out any foul play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi