Majithia completes religious punishment for distorting hymn
Amritsar: Punjab Minister Bikram Singh Majithia on Wednesday completed his religious punishment which was awarded to him by Akal Takhat, the highest temporal seat of Sikhs, for distorting a sacred hymn while canvassing for BJP`s Amritsar candidate Arun Jaitley.
Majithia paid obeisance at the Akal Takhat today and reported about the completion of the punishment. Following which Sikh priest performed `Ardas` (prayer) as per Sikh rituals.
Majithia also deposited Rs 501 in the treasury box of the Golden Temple, besides Rs 101 for `Karah Parshad` (holy communion).
It may be mentioned here that on May 1 the five Takht Jathedars had pronounced religious punishment to the state Revenue Minister for his "blasphemous" act of distorting a sacred hymn `Gurbani` of tenth Sikh master Guru Gobind Singh.
Some irate Sikh bodies had urged the Jathedar Akal Takht to handover severe punishment to Majithia so that nobody could dare to repeat such a mistake.
Majithia was directed to undergo religious Sewa (service) at all Five Takhts and three days at Akal Takht in Amritsar.
Sikh clergy directed him to perform religious service in the community kitchens of five Takhts included Harmandhar Sahib at Patna Sahib, Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib in Anandpur Sahib, Takht Sachkhand Sahib at Abchal Nagar in Nanded, Takht Dam-Dama Sahib at Talwandi Sabo in Punjab.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on