Mamata alleges meeting at Ahmed Patel`s home for transfer of officials
Narayangarh: With transfer of 23 police and administrative officials by the EC ahead of tomorrow`s Lok Sabha elections, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday alleged that such decisions were being taken at the home of Congress leader Ahmed Patel in collusion with the CPI(M).
"Though it is unfortunate, but it is true. Some leaders of Congress and CPI(M), at the residence of Ahmed Patel in Delhi, are preparing lists where DMs, SPs, OC`s and the BDOs will be changed," Banerjee said, alluding to the political secretary of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
"We will, however, abide by whatever decision the Election Commission takes. We will abide by the Constitution," she told an election meeting here in West Midnapore district.
Yesterday, 13 OCs, seven ICs and three BDOs were transferred by the Election Commission.
Apparently targeting Congress, she asked if the party was so sure about its victory in the polls, then why were the OCs of Sabang and Berhampore changed.
WBPCC President Adhir Chowdhury is seeking reelection from the Berhampore Lok Sabha constituency and senior Congress leader and party MLA Manas Bhuniya from Sabang.
She earlier had a standoff with the EC over transfer of a DM, two ADMs and five SPs following complaints by opposition political parties, before backing down.
"It is not enough after changing the SPs and DMs. Now OCs have to be changed. Will the police go and vote for you? Do policemen indulge in rigging?
"We are not like the CPI(M). We do not need to win the election by resorting to rigging," she said.
She alleged that the CPI(M), which had lost ground, had indulged in rigging booths and were now complaining to the EC.
"Congress, BJP and CPI(M) are playing a fixed match," she claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!