Mamata alleges meeting at Ahmed Patel`s home for transfer of officials
Narayangarh: With transfer of 23 police and administrative officials by the EC ahead of tomorrow`s Lok Sabha elections, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday alleged that such decisions were being taken at the home of Congress leader Ahmed Patel in collusion with the CPI(M).
"Though it is unfortunate, but it is true. Some leaders of Congress and CPI(M), at the residence of Ahmed Patel in Delhi, are preparing lists where DMs, SPs, OC`s and the BDOs will be changed," Banerjee said, alluding to the political secretary of Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
"We will, however, abide by whatever decision the Election Commission takes. We will abide by the Constitution," she told an election meeting here in West Midnapore district.
Yesterday, 13 OCs, seven ICs and three BDOs were transferred by the Election Commission.
Apparently targeting Congress, she asked if the party was so sure about its victory in the polls, then why were the OCs of Sabang and Berhampore changed.
WBPCC President Adhir Chowdhury is seeking reelection from the Berhampore Lok Sabha constituency and senior Congress leader and party MLA Manas Bhuniya from Sabang.
She earlier had a standoff with the EC over transfer of a DM, two ADMs and five SPs following complaints by opposition political parties, before backing down.
"It is not enough after changing the SPs and DMs. Now OCs have to be changed. Will the police go and vote for you? Do policemen indulge in rigging?
"We are not like the CPI(M). We do not need to win the election by resorting to rigging," she said.
She alleged that the CPI(M), which had lost ground, had indulged in rigging booths and were now complaining to the EC.
"Congress, BJP and CPI(M) are playing a fixed match," she claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India