Mamata, an extended form of anarchism: BJP
Kolkata: Slamming West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her outburst against the Election Commission, BJP spokesperson Siddharth Nath Singh on Tuesday said Banerjee doesn`t believe in democracy and is an "extended form of anarchism".
"The comments that she has made proves that she doesn`t believe in democracy. She is an extended form of anarchism. She is trying to break constitutional norms," Singh told PTI.
"She is opposing the transfers because she wants to unleash her administrative terror mechanism against the opposition parties," Singh said.
The EC had yesterday ordered immediate removal of five superintendents of police, one district magistrate and two ADMs from poll duty triggering a showdown with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Taking serious exception to the order, a furious Banerjee had said none of the officials would be shifted as long as she was the chief minister and dared the poll panel to act against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble