Mamata, an extended form of anarchism: BJP
Kolkata: Slamming West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her outburst against the Election Commission, BJP spokesperson Siddharth Nath Singh on Tuesday said Banerjee doesn`t believe in democracy and is an "extended form of anarchism".
"The comments that she has made proves that she doesn`t believe in democracy. She is an extended form of anarchism. She is trying to break constitutional norms," Singh told PTI.
"She is opposing the transfers because she wants to unleash her administrative terror mechanism against the opposition parties," Singh said.
The EC had yesterday ordered immediate removal of five superintendents of police, one district magistrate and two ADMs from poll duty triggering a showdown with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Taking serious exception to the order, a furious Banerjee had said none of the officials would be shifted as long as she was the chief minister and dared the poll panel to act against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC