Mamata, an extended form of anarchism: BJP
Kolkata: Slamming West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her outburst against the Election Commission, BJP spokesperson Siddharth Nath Singh on Tuesday said Banerjee doesn`t believe in democracy and is an "extended form of anarchism".
"The comments that she has made proves that she doesn`t believe in democracy. She is an extended form of anarchism. She is trying to break constitutional norms," Singh told PTI.
"She is opposing the transfers because she wants to unleash her administrative terror mechanism against the opposition parties," Singh said.
The EC had yesterday ordered immediate removal of five superintendents of police, one district magistrate and two ADMs from poll duty triggering a showdown with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Taking serious exception to the order, a furious Banerjee had said none of the officials would be shifted as long as she was the chief minister and dared the poll panel to act against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you