Mamata, an extended form of anarchism: BJP
Kolkata: Slamming West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her outburst against the Election Commission, BJP spokesperson Siddharth Nath Singh on Tuesday said Banerjee doesn`t believe in democracy and is an "extended form of anarchism".
"The comments that she has made proves that she doesn`t believe in democracy. She is an extended form of anarchism. She is trying to break constitutional norms," Singh told PTI.
"She is opposing the transfers because she wants to unleash her administrative terror mechanism against the opposition parties," Singh said.
The EC had yesterday ordered immediate removal of five superintendents of police, one district magistrate and two ADMs from poll duty triggering a showdown with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Taking serious exception to the order, a furious Banerjee had said none of the officials would be shifted as long as she was the chief minister and dared the poll panel to act against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption