Mamata Banerjee asks people to give fitting reply to Delhi `conspiracy`
Mangolkot: A day after she climbed down from her belligerence against the Election
Commission agreeing to transfer seven top officials as directed, Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday urged voters to give a "fitting reply" to the "conspiracy by Delhi" by electing TMC candidates in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal.
"Remember, by transferring the officers the government cannot be transferred. I was there in West Bengal, I am there and I will remain there," she said, addressing a poll rally here in Burdwan district.
The West Bengal Chief Minister said people would not take the "insult" lying down and would take the revenge democratically.
"When the ballot boxes will be opened you will find. Earlier we thought that we will win 35 to 36 seats. Now people will get us elected in all 42 seats," she said.
Banerjee came down heavily on the CPI(M), Congress and BJP which, she said, joined hands against her party and spread canards about her party and the government.
The opposition parties, she alleged, also lodged complaints (to the EC) "one after another" and "maligned" her ever since the government brought peace in Jangalmahal, erstwhile Maoist stronghold.
The opposition parties were also up in arms against her government for bringing back peace in the Darjeeling hills which witnessed violence over the statehood demand.
She reminded people that the CPI(M) had once lodged complaints (to the EC) against the TMC and had indulged in rigging in elections and perpetrated torture on people.
"It was this CPI(M) which had once asked Amitava Lala (a retired high court judge) to leave Bengal," she also said.
She alleged that ever since TMC quit the UPA government over the decision to allow FDI in retail and cap on LPG cylinders besides hiking the prices of diesel, the "central government is using some agencies against me day and night".
"They are saying that unless Mamata Banerjee is finished (politically), Delhi cannot be captured," she said.
Predicting a disastrous defeat of the Congress in the Lok Sabha election, the TMC supremo said, "Bengal will show the path to Delhi in the coming days. No conspiracy will be able to checkmate the rise of her party as a political force and its role in government formation in Delhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes