Mamata Banerjee dares Narendra Modi to touch any person in Bengal
Ranaghat: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Sunday challenged Narendra Modi to deport any resident of West Bengal and threatened to storm Delhi.
"Let him touch any person, I will rock Delhi," Banerjee said without taking Modi`s name and accused the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate of doing politics of division to disintegrate the region.
Modi told election rallies, first in Serampore on April 27 and at Asansol today, that Bangladeshi infiltrators who were allowed into the country for votebank politics would be sent back, while refugees who were thrown out of Bangladesh on religious grounds would be greeted with open arms.
Banerjee also accused Modi of ignorance about Bengal`s history.
"He does not know the history of the nation, heritage and culture of Bengal and is only doing politics to disintegrate this region by pitting one against other and playing politics of division, which will not be allowed."
She pointed out that during undivided India and Bengal people came here from other parts to live and said Modi was unnecessarily creating a rift between Bengali and non-Bengalis.
"I have never seen politics at such a low," the West Bengal chief minister said addressing a poll rally here in Nadia district where election will be held in the last phase on April 12.
"If a party can go to this extent without being in power, it will definitely burn the country if it comes to power," she said alluding to the BJP.
Banerjee also attacked Congress and CPI(M) for spreading canards against her and speaking lies, and referred to alleged concerted efforts by opposition parties, including the BJP, to defeat Trinamool Congress.
"We knew about such practice of CPI(M) for the last 34 years, but if Congress follows them what will be the fate of the nation?" she wondered.
"Now the BJP is speaking what CPI(M) is saying. Congress is also walking on the same path. A section of media is also helping them to carry on this campaign against Trinamool Congress. But they will not succeed," Banerjee cautioned.
She asserted that the BJP would not be able to win a single seat in Bengal including that of Darjeeling, which they won in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why