Mamata Banerjee ends campaign with huge Kolkata roadshow
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday ended her campaign for the Lok Sabha polls with a huge road show that traversed various areas of south Kolkata.
Banerjee was accompanied by her Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha member and film actor Mithun Chakraborty and party candidates for the Jadavpur and Kolkata South constituencies Sugata Bose and Subrata Bakshi respectively.
Both constituencies would go to the hustings alongside 15 others May 12, when the staggered five-phase polling for the 42 seats in the state would come to an end.
Astride an open vehicle, Banerjee began her roadshow from the base of Sukanta Bridge in the Jadavpur area amidst a large crowd, which went on swelling as the rally went on.
With Trinamool activists raising constant slogans eulogising their leader, the roadshow crossed Dhakuria bridge, Gariahat, Ballygunge Phanri, Hazra and ended at Mominpur.
Impressed with the large crowd, she repeatedly thanked the people, even as the entourage moved at a slow pace due to the huge turnout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr