Mamata Banerjee ends campaign with huge Kolkata roadshow
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday ended her campaign for the Lok Sabha polls with a huge road show that traversed various areas of south Kolkata.
Banerjee was accompanied by her Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha member and film actor Mithun Chakraborty and party candidates for the Jadavpur and Kolkata South constituencies Sugata Bose and Subrata Bakshi respectively.
Both constituencies would go to the hustings alongside 15 others May 12, when the staggered five-phase polling for the 42 seats in the state would come to an end.
Astride an open vehicle, Banerjee began her roadshow from the base of Sukanta Bridge in the Jadavpur area amidst a large crowd, which went on swelling as the rally went on.
With Trinamool activists raising constant slogans eulogising their leader, the roadshow crossed Dhakuria bridge, Gariahat, Ballygunge Phanri, Hazra and ended at Mominpur.
Impressed with the large crowd, she repeatedly thanked the people, even as the entourage moved at a slow pace due to the huge turnout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters