Mamata Banerjee ends campaign with huge Kolkata roadshow
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday ended her campaign for the Lok Sabha polls with a huge road show that traversed various areas of south Kolkata.
Banerjee was accompanied by her Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha member and film actor Mithun Chakraborty and party candidates for the Jadavpur and Kolkata South constituencies Sugata Bose and Subrata Bakshi respectively.
Both constituencies would go to the hustings alongside 15 others May 12, when the staggered five-phase polling for the 42 seats in the state would come to an end.
Astride an open vehicle, Banerjee began her roadshow from the base of Sukanta Bridge in the Jadavpur area amidst a large crowd, which went on swelling as the rally went on.
With Trinamool activists raising constant slogans eulogising their leader, the roadshow crossed Dhakuria bridge, Gariahat, Ballygunge Phanri, Hazra and ended at Mominpur.
Impressed with the large crowd, she repeatedly thanked the people, even as the entourage moved at a slow pace due to the huge turnout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details
- Capital flows out of China slowing: Beijing
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu