Mamata Banerjee`s dreams will never be realised: Mishra
Jhargram: In a dig at the "Dilli Chalo" call by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Opposition leader Suryakanta Mishra on Friday said Banerjee had the track record of being part of BJP or Congress-led coalitions at the Centre in the past, but was attacking them now.
"For 16 long years, she had either been part of the NDA or UPA at Centre. Now all of a sudden, she has discovered the ills of Congress and BJP," the former minister said at a public meeting in support of the Marxist candidate Dr Pulinbehari Baske from Jhargram Lok Sabha seat.
Mishra said Left Front stood not only for CPI(M) and other left supporters, but those belonging to Trinamool, Congress, BJP and other parties.
Mishra ridiculed the `Dilli Chalo` campaign by Banerjee, asserting, "Her dreams will never be realised."
"We talk about the common people, we talk about the masses," he said.
Hitting out at Banerjee again, Mishra said, "She speaks for the poor. But the poor civic police personnel, drawn from towns and villages, are getting Rs 144 as daily allowance."
Wondering why the Trinamool supremo was "silent about the rise in essentials", Mishra claimed she didn`t answer more than two questions in Assembly in recent times.
Asking the gathering "to hold the red flag tight for a fierce struggle", Mishra cautioned the Marxists will not be "intimidated by TMC."
Leaders of CPI, RSP, and Forward Bloc were also present at the rally.
BJP`s Bikash Mudi, TMC`s Dr Uma Soren and Congress` Anita Hansda are the other main contenders for the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!