Mamata can give lot of information to CBI: CPI-M`s Gautam Deb
Kolkata: Attacking West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the Saradha chit fund scam, CPI-M leader Gautam Deb Saturday said she can give a lot of information to the CBI as she knows "everything"about the scandal.
"Mamata Banerjee knows everything. She can give lot of information to CBI," Deb said, a day after the Supreme Court handed over the probe into the multi-crore scam to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
He alleged that Banerjee had taken "benefits" from the Saradha and questioned by she was so intent on saving the media houses owned by the company.
Deb also repeated his earlier demand that Banerjee provide details of the sale of her paintings. "She must furnish all details. Where is the list of buyers?"
The opposition had earlier raised queries over the sale of Banerjee`s painting for allegedly Rs 1.80 crore. Deb has alleged the painting was purchased by Saradha scam purported kingpin Sudipta Sen.
"The CM is mentioning one figure, Trinamool spokesperson Derek O`Brien another. The accounts are not tallying. The doubts need to be cleared," he said.
Regarding the May 13 Lok Sabha polls for 17 Lok Sabha seats, he warned the administration that if there was rigging in any booth, the people and the Left Front workers would resist it.
"Hundreds of our women workers would lay siege at the offices of the district magistrate and the superintendent of police," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere