Mamata `didi` gets angry, doesn`t want good days for WB: Modi
Krishna Nagar (WB): Narendra Modi today took a dig at "didi" Mamata Banerjee, saying she was getting angry at him too frequently and questioned whether she would not like "good days" to come for West Bengal.
He also had a poser for her, asking why the crime against women was one of the highest in West Bengal despite the presence of the "tigress", apparently returning the jibe over her `real tiger` comment.
"These days, didi gets angry very frequently. Didi, so much anger is not good. You may fall sick," the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate said addressing a rally here.
Modi, who has been involved in face-offs with Banerjee lately, went on to add that the West Bengal Chief Minister was worried that BJP would get seats in her state.
"If BJP wins in Bengal, what is wrong? Will the winners not be from Bengal...If good days come, will it not be good for Bengal," he said.
Modi said there are people who are looking for unstable politics but there are some people who do not want a strong government as they themselves want to be strong.
"Good days are coming. But Didi, does not want good days," he said while contending that there is no development in the state which has been ruled all these decades by Congress, Left and now Trinamool Congress.
He also said that while Trinamool Congress, Congress and the Left fight with each other in Kolkata, they make friendship in Delhi. "Their only motto is to stop Modi," he said.
"Where is the development? Is there any job for youth. Do not people of Bengal deserve development? Do not youth deserve jobs?," he asked.
Apparently referring to Banerjee`s `real tiger` remark, Modi said, "You are tigress. If you are tigress, then why Bengal is one of the states where crime against women is highest."
Last week, Banerjee took a swipe at Modi saying there was a difference between a "paper tiger" and a Royal Bengal Tiger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report