Man seeks public toilet in lieu of his vote, booked
Allahabad: An AAP worker who rode a donkey in this Uttar Pradesh city to demand a public toilet in lieu of his vote was booked for disturbing peace. Sulabh has now stepped in to fulfil his wish.
Patel Sunil Chaudhary, an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) worker, had put candidates in a quandary with his demand that they build a public toilet in lieu of his vote.
A resident of the Johnsonganj area in Allahabad city, he moved around riding a donkey and demanding construction of a public toilet in his area.
Politicians of the area are yet to respond to his demand.
The police sent Chaudhary behind bars after booking him for breach of peace.
Now, help has come from non-government organisation Sulabh International, which has assured him it would build a toilet.
Sulabh founder Bindeshwar Pathak told IANS Wednesday that they "will construct modern public toilet complex for the benefit of the people" as demanded by Chaudhary.
Pathak added that Chaudhary had made a unique protest for a social cause, and said that the NGO would do everything possible to mitigate the sanitation problems of the people in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof