Man seeks public toilet in lieu of his vote, booked
Allahabad: An AAP worker who rode a donkey in this Uttar Pradesh city to demand a public toilet in lieu of his vote was booked for disturbing peace. Sulabh has now stepped in to fulfil his wish.
Patel Sunil Chaudhary, an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) worker, had put candidates in a quandary with his demand that they build a public toilet in lieu of his vote.
A resident of the Johnsonganj area in Allahabad city, he moved around riding a donkey and demanding construction of a public toilet in his area.
Politicians of the area are yet to respond to his demand.
The police sent Chaudhary behind bars after booking him for breach of peace.
Now, help has come from non-government organisation Sulabh International, which has assured him it would build a toilet.
Sulabh founder Bindeshwar Pathak told IANS Wednesday that they "will construct modern public toilet complex for the benefit of the people" as demanded by Chaudhary.
Pathak added that Chaudhary had made a unique protest for a social cause, and said that the NGO would do everything possible to mitigate the sanitation problems of the people in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!