Man shoots at wife in Bihar over voting
Patna: A man shot and injured his wife Wednesday for not voting for his favourite candidate in Bihar`s Ujiarpur constituency, police said.
Vinod Paswan, a resident of Mohiuddinnagar village in Samastipur district, was angry over the issue and shot and seriously injured his wife, they said.
"The woman was admitted to a hospital for treatment. But doctors referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital as her condition deteriorated," a police officer said in Samastipur.
Police said they have registered a case against Paswan, who is absconding.
Ujiarpur is among seven Lok Sabha seats in Bihar that went to the polls Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi