Man shoots at wife in Bihar over voting
Patna: A man shot and injured his wife Wednesday for not voting for his favourite candidate in Bihar`s Ujiarpur constituency, police said.
Vinod Paswan, a resident of Mohiuddinnagar village in Samastipur district, was angry over the issue and shot and seriously injured his wife, they said.
"The woman was admitted to a hospital for treatment. But doctors referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital as her condition deteriorated," a police officer said in Samastipur.
Police said they have registered a case against Paswan, who is absconding.
Ujiarpur is among seven Lok Sabha seats in Bihar that went to the polls Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?