Man tries to immolate himself outside Nitish Kumar`s residence
Patna: A man in his late thirties tried to immolate himself outside Nitish Kumar`s official residence on Sunday.
Patna SSP Manu Mahraj said Dilip Kumar sprinkled petrol over his body, but was overpowered by JD(U) supporters and police officials present there.
The man was taken into custody and sent to Secretariat police station.
Sources said he was aggrieved over Kumar`s resignation from the Chief Minister`s post and was shouting slogans asking him to continue.
DSP (Secretariat), Sibli Nomani said Dilip is a resident of Kushhar village under Bind police station of Nalanda district, which also happens to be the native district of Kumar, and added that his further interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP