Maneka Gandhi cautions son Varun on Rahul praise
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Amethi: Two days after Varun Gandhi “praised” the work done by his cousin and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi, the former`s mother Thursday advised the BJP leader to be careful before making any statement.
Maneka Gandhi was reported as saying that what Varun said on Tuesday night was wrong.
“What Varun Gandhi has said is wrong. I have been to Amethi. He should not speak before verifying the facts.
Varun, 34, had told a group of teachers and NGO activists on Tuesday night: "I want to bring a new form of politics. The way Rahulji has worked successfully in Amethi... though I haven`t seen his work from inside."
Varun said he had been told that programmes launched in Rahul`s constituency Amethi for empowering people were "fairly decent".
However, after his remarks created a flutter Varun was forced to do a U-turn and clarified that he was not backing Rahul.
"It should NOT be seen as an endorsement of any political party or candidate," the BJP leader wrote on Twitter.
Varun`s clarification came after Rahul Gandhi lapped up the praise.
"Whatever Varun is saying is right," Rahul Gandhi said in Rae Bareli yesterday. "I am very happy that other people are appreciating the work in Amethi.
"The work we have done has been done in a strategic manner, to connect the farmers of Amethi with the rest of the world," Gandhi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron