Manmohan a caged PM, remained under Sonia, Rahul`s control: BJP
Lalitpur: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan on Tuesday alleged that Manmohan Singh was a "caged Prime Minister", who remained under control of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"Manmohan Singh is a caged Prime Minister. He used to get all the orders from 10 Janpath (Sonia`s residence) and he remained under control of Sonia and Rahul," Chauhan alleged while addressing an election rally in favour of Uma Bharti.
He alleged SP and BSP had made Uttar Pradesh a backward state, which is facing power crisis, and claimed in BJP-ruled MP even villages were getting 24 hours` power supply.
Listing achievements of his government, Chauhan said that development in MP began under the leadership of Uma Bharti. He said that development would take place in the entire country when BJP forms the government at the Centre.
Terming SP, Congress and BSP "anti-farmers", he said that MP government was purchasing wheat from the farmers at the rate of Rs 1,500 per quintal and was giving bonus, but in UP they were not getting right price of their produce.
Addressing the rally, Bharti said Kain and Betwa rivers would be connected when BJP comes to power after which the farmers would get adequate water for irrigation.
She said that the amount of Bundelkhand package would be increased and a separate state would be created within three years.
The former MP CM reiterated that the SP government in Uttar Pradesh would be pulled down within six months if BJP came to power at the Centre.
Replying to Congress allegation that she was an outsider, Bharti said she was from Lalitpur district, "but (Congress president) Sonia must tell from which area she hails".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH