Manmohan govt weakened the Army: VK Singh
Amethi: Former Army Chief and BJP candidate from Ghaziabad seat VK Singh on Thursday accused Manmohan Singh government of making the Army weak in the last 10 years of his regime.
Singh, who was here to campaign for party candidate Smriti Irani contesting against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, said that there were several shortcomings but he being a former army chief was not in a position to speak more about it.
"But I want to say that during 10 year regime of Manmohan government attention was not given on the betterment of Army and it has become weak," he said.
At a meeting in Gauriganj, Singh said that objective of the BJP was to win the hearts of the people.
He said that there was a Modi wave in the country, which was blowing like a "wind of change" which the people have started to feel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New forms of HIV can jump from animals to humans
- SC issues notice to EC on plea seeking disqualification of convicted lawmakers
- Kashmir unrest: SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Valley next week
- Miranda Kerr just said 'yes' to Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS groundless: Media