Manmohan govt weakened the Army: VK Singh
Amethi: Former Army Chief and BJP candidate from Ghaziabad seat VK Singh on Thursday accused Manmohan Singh government of making the Army weak in the last 10 years of his regime.
Singh, who was here to campaign for party candidate Smriti Irani contesting against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, said that there were several shortcomings but he being a former army chief was not in a position to speak more about it.
"But I want to say that during 10 year regime of Manmohan government attention was not given on the betterment of Army and it has become weak," he said.
At a meeting in Gauriganj, Singh said that objective of the BJP was to win the hearts of the people.
He said that there was a Modi wave in the country, which was blowing like a "wind of change" which the people have started to feel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble