Manmohan govt weakened the Army: VK Singh
Amethi: Former Army Chief and BJP candidate from Ghaziabad seat VK Singh on Thursday accused Manmohan Singh government of making the Army weak in the last 10 years of his regime.
Singh, who was here to campaign for party candidate Smriti Irani contesting against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, said that there were several shortcomings but he being a former army chief was not in a position to speak more about it.
"But I want to say that during 10 year regime of Manmohan government attention was not given on the betterment of Army and it has become weak," he said.
At a meeting in Gauriganj, Singh said that objective of the BJP was to win the hearts of the people.
He said that there was a Modi wave in the country, which was blowing like a "wind of change" which the people have started to feel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you