Manmohan Singh only super PM in UPA govt: Priyanka Gandhi
Amethi: Priyanka Gandhi on Tuesday said that only Manmohan Singh was the "super Prime Minister" in UPA government, amid a storm over Sanjaya Baru`s tell-all book that raised questions over the political authority of the Prime Minister.
In her brother Rahul Gandhi`s constituency for campaigning, 42-year-old Priyanka defended the party which is facing opposition criticism in the wake of the claims made in the book that Sonia Gandhi was the remote control in UPA Government and Manmohan Singh played a second fiddle to her.
"Only Manmohan Singh was super PM...," Priyanka told reporters in reply to a question on the book by PM`s former aide, which claimed that Sonia Gandhi was the super Prime Minister.
Baru says in the book `The Accidental Prime Minister` that "It is no secret that Sonia Gandhi was the super Prime Minister. (...)".
Asked about Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s appeal on various TV channels last night, Priyanka said, "Whatever BJP might say, but the fight of India`s heart is going on (in this elections)".
However, she did not elaborate.
Sonia Gandhi had said in the appeal last night that the current Lok Sabha elections was a fight to protect "the very heart and soul of India" from those who want to divide the people of this country.
Without naming either Narendra Modi or the BJP in her telecast, Gandhi had said, "We want unity. They want to impose uniformity. They say, `Just believe in ME`".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire