Maoists SMSing voters in Bihar, Jharkhand to boycott Lok Sabha polls
Patna: In a first, Maoists are using SMS service to appeal to people to boycott the Lok Sabha polls in Bihar and neighbouring Jharkhand, police officials said on Monday.
"Maoists are sending bulk SMSes to mobile-phone subscribers and appealing to them to boycott the ensuing General Elections," a police official said.
The SMSes were issued on behalf of the Communist Party of India-Maoist border zonal committee spokesperson Avinash.
"In the SMSes, Maoists have urged workers, farmers, youth, women, progressive intellectuals, senior citizens, nationalist and revolutionary people to boycott the polls," police said.
The CPI-Maoists also appealed to its party cadres and its different units, including People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army, through SMSes to target and attack security forces during the election.
Maoists have also called for poll boycott in Jamui, Lakhisarai, Banka, Gaya and Aurangabad districts through posters.
Giving the call for poll boycott, the posters demanded withdrawal of forces engaged in counter-insurgency operations.
Police have seized and removed such posters from various places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan