Mathura priest in election fray for `cow` cause
Mathura: For Fakkad Baba, winning an election has become a spiritual necessity!
The 69-year-old priest in Galteshwar temple has contested 15 elections, both parliamentary and assembly, till now on the directions of his guru who has predicted that cow slaughter will end only if a `Go Bhakt` (cow protector) is elected either to Vidhan Sabha or Lok Sabha.
This is Fakkad Baba`s eighth consecutive attempt at the Lok Sabha polls as an Independent.
"My spiritual teacher had advised me to contest Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha elections as slaughtering of the cow would not stop unless a `Go-Bhakta` is elected," he says.
He feels that like schools, the government should also open `goshalas` to protect the cow and charge nominal money for people to keep their cattle.
Fakkad Baba, who covers his constituency on his moped `Vickky`, says he is committed to contest elections till the miserable condition of cows improves.
Interestingly, in every election, he is the first to file his nomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre