Mathura priest in election fray for `cow` cause
Mathura: For Fakkad Baba, winning an election has become a spiritual necessity!
The 69-year-old priest in Galteshwar temple has contested 15 elections, both parliamentary and assembly, till now on the directions of his guru who has predicted that cow slaughter will end only if a `Go Bhakt` (cow protector) is elected either to Vidhan Sabha or Lok Sabha.
This is Fakkad Baba`s eighth consecutive attempt at the Lok Sabha polls as an Independent.
"My spiritual teacher had advised me to contest Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha elections as slaughtering of the cow would not stop unless a `Go-Bhakta` is elected," he says.
He feels that like schools, the government should also open `goshalas` to protect the cow and charge nominal money for people to keep their cattle.
Fakkad Baba, who covers his constituency on his moped `Vickky`, says he is committed to contest elections till the miserable condition of cows improves.
Interestingly, in every election, he is the first to file his nomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Ex-BSEB secretary arrested in Bihar toppers scam
- We are now talking to China eye-to-eye, raising issues of Indian interests boldly: PM Narendra Modi
- Release date of Salman Khan starrer 'Sultan' announced!
- What you need to know about dietary supplements!
- Euro 2016: Italy Vs Spain, England Vs Iceland; players to watch out for