Mathura priest in election fray for `cow` cause
Mathura: For Fakkad Baba, winning an election has become a spiritual necessity!
The 69-year-old priest in Galteshwar temple has contested 15 elections, both parliamentary and assembly, till now on the directions of his guru who has predicted that cow slaughter will end only if a `Go Bhakt` (cow protector) is elected either to Vidhan Sabha or Lok Sabha.
This is Fakkad Baba`s eighth consecutive attempt at the Lok Sabha polls as an Independent.
"My spiritual teacher had advised me to contest Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha elections as slaughtering of the cow would not stop unless a `Go-Bhakta` is elected," he says.
He feels that like schools, the government should also open `goshalas` to protect the cow and charge nominal money for people to keep their cattle.
Fakkad Baba, who covers his constituency on his moped `Vickky`, says he is committed to contest elections till the miserable condition of cows improves.
Interestingly, in every election, he is the first to file his nomination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das