Mathura`s 40 polling booths to be monitored through webcasting
Mathura: Forty `critical` polling booths in Mathura constituency will be monitored through webcasting by the Election Commission, state poll officials said on Friday.
Surveillance cameras have been put in place at 40 stations, of which 20 are in rural areas, in the constituency which will go to polls on April 24, they added.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Election Officer and a team of central and district EC officials will monitor the telecast.
The general public too would be able to watch the live webcast of voters exercising their franchise in Mathura through the Internet.
There are a total of 1,073 polling stations and 1,734 booths in Mathura, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley