May God save the country from `Modi model`: Sonia Gandhi
Barnala: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP`s much touted Gujarat Model is actually `Modi model` under which the common man is suffering in the state and may God save the country from it.
"BJP`s chief campaigner is selling Narendra Modi model in the name of Gujarat. What is happening in Gujarat under this model? Sikhs living there since past 50 years were being forced to leave the state," Sonia said while addressing an election rally in Malwa belt of Punjab.
"May God please save this country from this model," she said. She attacked the Akali Dal for joining hands with BJP and not raising its voice for the Sikhs in Gujarat.
"Akalis rather than raising voice against them (BJP) are colluding with them and they are partners in this atrocity against Sikhs in Gujarat," said Sonia.
"In Gujarat every second five-year-old child is malnutritioned and those who get Rs 11 per day are not considered below poverty line in Modi model," she added.
Sonia said that around 45000 acres of land in Gujarat had been given to one businessman at a cheap rate and under this model several people in the villages are still not getting potable water.
Accusing BJP of adopting an ideology in which common man will be identified not by his capabilities and skills but by his religion, language and caste, she said, the saffron party`s ideology is of "hatred, narrow mindedness and consistent hunger to achieve power" at the centre.
"Their (BJP) ideology wants to take the country on that path where nation`s entire power wrests with one person," she said in an indirect reference to Narendra Modi.
"They will take the country to a situation where the poor, weak and farmers will beg for their rights," she said.
The Congress leader also heaped praises on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying that the country has made rapid development under his rule.
PM`s stepbrother Daljeet Singh Kohli joined the BJP in the presence of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday.
However, in contrast the ideology of Congress is development of farmers, poor, weak and every citizen of the country, she said adding that Congress is for peace and communal harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3