Mayawati seeks action against BJP for releasing manifesto on poll day
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and BSP president Mayawati has asked the Election Commission to take "stern action" against BJP for releasing its manifesto on the day of first phase of Lok Sabha election.
"BJP takes itself to be above law and constitution...They also violate people`s representation act and issue their manifesto on polling day...EC should take stern action in this regard," Mayawati said in a statement issued here today.
On the saffron party`s manifesto, she said it was an "eyewash" and like Congress, BJP is "selling dreams" to common people.
If even 50 per cent of what these two parties had promised to the people was implemented the problems of poverty, inflation, corruption and unemployment could have been solved, the BSP chief said.
Claiming that BJP`s reliability is questionable and Congress has a negative image, Maywati said the present leadership of the saffron party has "divisive image".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli