Mayawati seeks action against BJP for releasing manifesto on poll day
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and BSP president Mayawati has asked the Election Commission to take "stern action" against BJP for releasing its manifesto on the day of first phase of Lok Sabha election.
"BJP takes itself to be above law and constitution...They also violate people`s representation act and issue their manifesto on polling day...EC should take stern action in this regard," Mayawati said in a statement issued here today.
On the saffron party`s manifesto, she said it was an "eyewash" and like Congress, BJP is "selling dreams" to common people.
If even 50 per cent of what these two parties had promised to the people was implemented the problems of poverty, inflation, corruption and unemployment could have been solved, the BSP chief said.
Claiming that BJP`s reliability is questionable and Congress has a negative image, Maywati said the present leadership of the saffron party has "divisive image".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!