Mayawati seeks action against BJP for releasing manifesto on poll day
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and BSP president Mayawati has asked the Election Commission to take "stern action" against BJP for releasing its manifesto on the day of first phase of Lok Sabha election.
"BJP takes itself to be above law and constitution...They also violate people`s representation act and issue their manifesto on polling day...EC should take stern action in this regard," Mayawati said in a statement issued here today.
On the saffron party`s manifesto, she said it was an "eyewash" and like Congress, BJP is "selling dreams" to common people.
If even 50 per cent of what these two parties had promised to the people was implemented the problems of poverty, inflation, corruption and unemployment could have been solved, the BSP chief said.
Claiming that BJP`s reliability is questionable and Congress has a negative image, Maywati said the present leadership of the saffron party has "divisive image".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row