Mayawati seeks action against BJP for releasing manifesto on poll day
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and BSP president Mayawati has asked the Election Commission to take "stern action" against BJP for releasing its manifesto on the day of first phase of Lok Sabha election.
"BJP takes itself to be above law and constitution...They also violate people`s representation act and issue their manifesto on polling day...EC should take stern action in this regard," Mayawati said in a statement issued here today.
On the saffron party`s manifesto, she said it was an "eyewash" and like Congress, BJP is "selling dreams" to common people.
If even 50 per cent of what these two parties had promised to the people was implemented the problems of poverty, inflation, corruption and unemployment could have been solved, the BSP chief said.
Claiming that BJP`s reliability is questionable and Congress has a negative image, Maywati said the present leadership of the saffron party has "divisive image".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?