Mayawati urges Nashik`s voters to reject both Congress, BJP
Nashik: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Sunday urged people not to vote for Congress or BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, but vote for her party instead, so that it could deliver justice to the poor, the minorities and Dalits.
She was addressing a public meeting at Golf grounds here for BSP candidate Dinkar Patil who is contesting from the Nashik Lok Sabha constituency.
Patil is a sitting corporator of the Nashik Municipal Corporation who recently left the Congress.
During her 30-minute speech, Mayawati alleged that the Congress-led UPA government had not taken any decision related to the poor and that it is totally responsible for inflation which has affected common people.
Both BJP and Congress won elections at the Centre or other states with the help of industrialists or rich traders, she said, adding that various central government schemes had not reached poorers and that the government also failed to bring back black money worth crores of rupees held by Indians in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video