Mayawati urges Nashik`s voters to reject both Congress, BJP
Nashik: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Sunday urged people not to vote for Congress or BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, but vote for her party instead, so that it could deliver justice to the poor, the minorities and Dalits.
She was addressing a public meeting at Golf grounds here for BSP candidate Dinkar Patil who is contesting from the Nashik Lok Sabha constituency.
Patil is a sitting corporator of the Nashik Municipal Corporation who recently left the Congress.
During her 30-minute speech, Mayawati alleged that the Congress-led UPA government had not taken any decision related to the poor and that it is totally responsible for inflation which has affected common people.
Both BJP and Congress won elections at the Centre or other states with the help of industrialists or rich traders, she said, adding that various central government schemes had not reached poorers and that the government also failed to bring back black money worth crores of rupees held by Indians in foreign banks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef