Mayawati urges Nashik`s voters to reject both Congress, BJP
Nashik: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Sunday urged people not to vote for Congress or BJP in the Lok Sabha elections, but vote for her party instead, so that it could deliver justice to the poor, the minorities and Dalits.
She was addressing a public meeting at Golf grounds here for BSP candidate Dinkar Patil who is contesting from the Nashik Lok Sabha constituency.
Patil is a sitting corporator of the Nashik Municipal Corporation who recently left the Congress.
During her 30-minute speech, Mayawati alleged that the Congress-led UPA government had not taken any decision related to the poor and that it is totally responsible for inflation which has affected common people.
Both BJP and Congress won elections at the Centre or other states with the help of industrialists or rich traders, she said, adding that various central government schemes had not reached poorers and that the government also failed to bring back black money worth crores of rupees held by Indians in foreign banks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij