Meira Kumar busy in Sasaram, fails to cast vote in Delhi
Sasaram: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar failed to cast her vote in Delhi as she is busy in Sasaram constituency which witnessed polling on Thursday.
Kumar is registered in the voters` list at her Delhi address of New Friends Colony and since she is now confined to the Sasaram Parliamentary constituency from where she is contesting as a Congress candidate, the Speaker will not be able to cast her vote in the national capital, sources in her election office at Mohania said.
The 69-year-old former diplomat, however, is very much involved in the polling as she is moving around her constituency to keep a watch over any malpratice, they said.
Kumar, seeking a third consecutive term in Lok Sabha, is locked in a triangular contest with BJP`S Cheddi Paswan and IAS-turned politician K P Ramaiah of JD(U).
Kumar`s father and Dalit icon Jagjivan Ram won from this seat eight times between 1952 and 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?