Meira Kumar busy in Sasaram, fails to cast vote in Delhi
Sasaram: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar failed to cast her vote in Delhi as she is busy in Sasaram constituency which witnessed polling on Thursday.
Kumar is registered in the voters` list at her Delhi address of New Friends Colony and since she is now confined to the Sasaram Parliamentary constituency from where she is contesting as a Congress candidate, the Speaker will not be able to cast her vote in the national capital, sources in her election office at Mohania said.
The 69-year-old former diplomat, however, is very much involved in the polling as she is moving around her constituency to keep a watch over any malpratice, they said.
Kumar, seeking a third consecutive term in Lok Sabha, is locked in a triangular contest with BJP`S Cheddi Paswan and IAS-turned politician K P Ramaiah of JD(U).
Kumar`s father and Dalit icon Jagjivan Ram won from this seat eight times between 1952 and 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir