Meira Kumar busy in Sasaram, fails to cast vote in Delhi
Sasaram: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar failed to cast her vote in Delhi as she is busy in Sasaram constituency which witnessed polling on Thursday.
Kumar is registered in the voters` list at her Delhi address of New Friends Colony and since she is now confined to the Sasaram Parliamentary constituency from where she is contesting as a Congress candidate, the Speaker will not be able to cast her vote in the national capital, sources in her election office at Mohania said.
The 69-year-old former diplomat, however, is very much involved in the polling as she is moving around her constituency to keep a watch over any malpratice, they said.
Kumar, seeking a third consecutive term in Lok Sabha, is locked in a triangular contest with BJP`S Cheddi Paswan and IAS-turned politician K P Ramaiah of JD(U).
Kumar`s father and Dalit icon Jagjivan Ram won from this seat eight times between 1952 and 1984.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured