Minor girl raped, murdered in Rampur
Rampur: An 11-year-old girl was found dead with her throat slit open in a canal here, police said on Sunday.
The girl went missing while her mother was away to attend a wedding on March 24. She could not be traced untill yesterday when her mother and some other women found her half clad body in a dried canal, Additional Police Superintendent Devesh Pandey said.
It is suspected that the girl was raped. A complaint has been registered against unknown person, he said.
Pandey said the postmorterm report suggests that the crime was committed at least 36 hours before the mutilated body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border