Minor girl raped, murdered in Rampur
Rampur: An 11-year-old girl was found dead with her throat slit open in a canal here, police said on Sunday.
The girl went missing while her mother was away to attend a wedding on March 24. She could not be traced untill yesterday when her mother and some other women found her half clad body in a dried canal, Additional Police Superintendent Devesh Pandey said.
It is suspected that the girl was raped. A complaint has been registered against unknown person, he said.
Pandey said the postmorterm report suggests that the crime was committed at least 36 hours before the mutilated body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg