Modi a groom in a hurry: Pawar
Nagpur: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Saturday took a dig at Narendra Modi saying the BJP`s PM nominee is a "groom in hurry" who has declared himself victorious even before the people`s mandate is out.
"Modi is a groom in a hurry. He is is behaving as if he has already got elected to the top post," Pawar told a joint rally with Congress president Sonia Gandhi at Chikhli here.
Raking up the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat, Pawar alleged "Congress MP Ehsan Jafri was burnt alive in his Gulbarg Housing Society residence in Ahmedabad under chief minister Modi`s watch".
He said this was for the first time that a prime ministerial candidate is declared before elections.
"Normally, elected MPs pick their leader as prime minister. But here in this election, Modi is in a hurry," Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet