Modi a groom in a hurry: Pawar
Nagpur: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Saturday took a dig at Narendra Modi saying the BJP`s PM nominee is a "groom in hurry" who has declared himself victorious even before the people`s mandate is out.
"Modi is a groom in a hurry. He is is behaving as if he has already got elected to the top post," Pawar told a joint rally with Congress president Sonia Gandhi at Chikhli here.
Raking up the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat, Pawar alleged "Congress MP Ehsan Jafri was burnt alive in his Gulbarg Housing Society residence in Ahmedabad under chief minister Modi`s watch".
He said this was for the first time that a prime ministerial candidate is declared before elections.
"Normally, elected MPs pick their leader as prime minister. But here in this election, Modi is in a hurry," Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read