Modi a groom in a hurry: Pawar
Nagpur: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Saturday took a dig at Narendra Modi saying the BJP`s PM nominee is a "groom in hurry" who has declared himself victorious even before the people`s mandate is out.
"Modi is a groom in a hurry. He is is behaving as if he has already got elected to the top post," Pawar told a joint rally with Congress president Sonia Gandhi at Chikhli here.
Raking up the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat, Pawar alleged "Congress MP Ehsan Jafri was burnt alive in his Gulbarg Housing Society residence in Ahmedabad under chief minister Modi`s watch".
He said this was for the first time that a prime ministerial candidate is declared before elections.
"Normally, elected MPs pick their leader as prime minister. But here in this election, Modi is in a hurry," Pawar said.
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons