Modi accuses Congress of cheating the women of the country
Mangaldoi/Nowgong: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi today alleged that the UPA Government has cheated the women of the country under the guise of the Nirbhaya Fund because not a single penny has been spend from it.
"When Nirbhaya died, the nation was shocked but the UPA government did nothing to check crime against women. It was only when the nation rose in united protest that the UPA government announced the Rs 1000 crore Nirbhaya Fund in its last budget," Modi said at rallies here.
The government is, however, so cruel that it did not spend a single rupee for the safety and empowerment of women but in this year`s budget, it again announced Rs 1000 crore under the same fund," he added.
Modi asked both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi to "stop fooling people of the country but look around them to find out how safe women are. How can they stop crimes when most of the political leaders in jail are from the Congress," he claimed.
In the North East, moreover, the maximum number of crimes against women are in the Congress-ruled states with Assam being ranked third in the country, Modi added.
Referring to the killings of one-horned rhino, which is Assam`s pride, he said: "We have information that there is a Minister in Assam (who he refused to name) under whose directions jungles are being felled and rhinos being killed to settle down illegal migrants from Bangladesh. They have also the audacity to claim that this a part of their secular credentials. What does the rhino have to do with secularism? We do not care if hundred governments have to go but we will not allow a single rhino to be killed."
He claimed the Congress in their pursuit of vote-bank politics has destroyed the state`s resources as well as the future of the youths there taking away their employment opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it