Modi assures Jaya of "absolute cooperation" between Centre, TN
Chennai: Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Sunday assured Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa of "absolute cooperation" between the Centre and her state while lauding her for her party`s stupendous victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
Modi spoke to Jayalalithaa over phone and thanked her for her letter on Friday congratulating him for his party`s `magnificent win` in the elections.
"Selvi (Ms) J Jayalalithaa, wished him a very successful tenure as Prime Minister of India. The Hon`ble Prime Minister designate assured the Hon`ble Chief Minister that there will be absolute co-operation between the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu," a state government release here said.
Modi`s assurance came in the wake of the AIADMK chief saying in her letter that she looked forward to a meaningful era of Centre-state cooperation with the BJP leader at the helm of affairs.
The release said Modi also congratulated Jayalalithaa for her party`s `remarkable victory` where she notched up 37 of the 39 seats in the state.
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack
- Army busts weapon making factory in Manipur, 2 militants arrested
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition