Modi assures Jaya of "absolute cooperation" between Centre, TN
Chennai: Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Sunday assured Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa of "absolute cooperation" between the Centre and her state while lauding her for her party`s stupendous victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
Modi spoke to Jayalalithaa over phone and thanked her for her letter on Friday congratulating him for his party`s `magnificent win` in the elections.
"Selvi (Ms) J Jayalalithaa, wished him a very successful tenure as Prime Minister of India. The Hon`ble Prime Minister designate assured the Hon`ble Chief Minister that there will be absolute co-operation between the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu," a state government release here said.
Modi`s assurance came in the wake of the AIADMK chief saying in her letter that she looked forward to a meaningful era of Centre-state cooperation with the BJP leader at the helm of affairs.
The release said Modi also congratulated Jayalalithaa for her party`s `remarkable victory` where she notched up 37 of the 39 seats in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra